For one night we were free
as thieves with vault keys
roaming through tracks unabaded
by watchfully telling eyes.
To this day I can still feel
your lips touch mine fast
as I asked you not to go.
Call again to let them know
you won't be home-
make it a year of dancing
in a stary room of wine stained
walls that will keep us safe.
I walk behind you now
constantly knifed by what I
have been discarded for
when there was a moment
that we rode tandom-
that we were free.
Is it that you're more
beautiful as I remember?
Could I be putting you in
a place you don't deserve
because I can't win?
Every line proves to be more
meaningful when I'm focused
on being declared your heart's
blood pumping hero.
Nothing I say or do changes
your decision to remain
close enough to keep your place
and too far to share soup.
No comments:
Post a Comment