what we are
what we were.
The petals are falling off
the roses beside our stone
and they'll plant no more.
Everywhere I turn
a necropolis of memories
burns even the fire station.
Of course I hate you
how couldn't I,
I unceasingly refrain to heal.
I want to absolve you
entirely for the anger
weighs more than the longing.
But weak as the thread
may be that draws me close
the lion's pride is enduring
beyond what hope I have
of your phone call.
You betrayed me
beyond what any other
could fathom to achieve.
And yet...it's the song
of my name running cross
your lips I cry for.
I want to be done,
to have what was
or could be.
Sadly,
when typhlotic no more
and struck with the
corpulent despondency
of which I suffer now,
you'll find me not
still waiting for your train,
but in the proximity of one
I trow truly loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment