Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Goodbye MC

Dear Dozer,


I hope that this note finds you well and in good spirits. Please understand, my reason for writing you is only to inform you that by the end of the day today (March, 21, 2012) our very dear little bundle of joy, our sweet and loveable "Mojo Chicken", will have a new home, and likely a new name. I'm well aware of the fact that this news may come of no real consequence or interest to you, but nonetheless I felt it was necessary to share with you the information that our once prized 32 GB iPod would now be in the hands of another. I remember how your eyes shown like a light through the fog when first they gazed upon its' blackness. The possibilities!! The mixes!!! The applications!! Running! Driving! DOZING!!!!!

While you moved on quite some time ago to a new and improved model, I have not. "MC" and I have had a faint, but loving relationship, as it has been hard for me to hear or delete your playlists. This has been no fault of MC's, and I realize now that to continue to keep the mojo locked away like Rapunzel is unfair to such a thing so deserving of the love and compassion it once enjoyed. Know that I have agreed to give MC freely, willingly, and without regret, for I believe the new home to be one of "sound" quality. I had considered altering the contents: to delete "Maine Coast", or "Mellowness", or other playlists too painful to mention. However I realized those iconic, timeless pieces of history are far too priceless to be missed by others who might have otherwise had the opportunity to hear them and have their lives forever changed for the better, as I once believed my own to be when first gazed upon by your eyes like a light in the fog.

But I digress. And as I do the time I have left with that which we both so loved becomes shorter and shorter, and I still have "Galileo", "The little ass birds", and "Moses" to deal with. I'll try but am not hopeful that I will get through Tracy Chapman. BNL and Van are completely out of the question.

Be well, Barb.
J



No comments: