Saturday, April 18, 2009

When the tears are all wiped from my face.

Our hearts are just
a little left of center
for reasons unknown.
Maybe it is because
the hands of another
pull the strings softly
to bring us closer.

To some who will tell
you His Love is greatest
and impossible to duplicate,
that hand belongs to God.
When I heard this today
I could not help but laugh
for the less fortunate
and their loneliness.

I was then offered this love,
this salvation into bliss,
for the measly price
of humility over style,
and an eternity of servitude.
I refused such heresy-
insisting that I could only
kneel before the one
and no other.

Her will is my own.
One breath from her chest-
one touch of her mouth-
no amount of love
from any God or Spirit
for a thousand eternities
could come so close.

So though you may try
to convince me otherwise,
my devotion is unwavering,
and her love will forever be
the reason why my heart
is a little left of center.

No comments: