Monday, May 30, 2011

Hold on

When I met her the day I fell in love,
her eyes were like two silver spoons.
Then came the great and awful flood
she left me standing there marooned.
You know you're cold as ice inside
when there's nothing left to make you cry.
I guess that I'll go.

I miss your evil little grin
and that silly giggle that you wore.
I don't even know where to begin
how I wish you would still call me yours.
I quit gambling years 10 years past
But I'd bet the farm I'll finish last.
Last.
I better just go.

Drive on in and call me rude
say everything I did was cruel.
Say anything at all to me
and end this bitter agony.
There's nothing worse in this whole world
than to be in love without your girl.
Girl...
Please don't go.

When we made love I felt her shake
her body was that perfect wave.
No matter what life has in store
she'll always have me at my core.
I'd run to her in seconds flat
if she would only run on back.
.....................
........

No comments: