Wednesday, April 2, 2008

All I need

How sweet is this day
we swore forever
while hoping for one night
skin on skin
arm in arm
lip to lip.

To be apart on a wedding night
is so unnatural
but such is our story
so surreal
so magical
so unbelieveable
and yet so far.

Can I break the chains
that bind you there
with what I feel-
lend you the strength
to follow your heart home
to me?

Would you hate me then
foresaking all you know
for all you don't
but still need to survive
beside me
your truest love?

What if the years
become decades
and your child
becomes children
and your freedom fades
into darkness
where I cannot find you?

What if I grow lonely
and seek your embrace
in the arms of another
and become so infested
with guilt I can't bear?

I am not a child
nor too blind by love
to ignore what we both fear
may one day destroy our hearts
and leave us homeless
in the wake of that aweful storm.

I tell you I need you
but do you
know that I need you?
Do you feel me
reaching inside
to massage your
lonely heart?

I hang on your words
like a sinner in the gallows
swinging from the pole
as life slips from my lips.
Say you love me
that I may be cut free
and live another day
to love you
better than before.

Say we can finally be one-
rescue me from
the death sentence
of a life without
what was meant for it.

I plead to you
once more-
I need you

my love



I need you...

No comments: